Pawar Multispeciality Hospital & Diagnostic Centre is the specialized centre that deals with the broad range of disorders associated with the head to the neck region. The hospital has special features to perform routine and complicated surgeries related to the ear, nose, neck, throat and head.
We have a team of ENT doctors who have completed their education and training from reputed national and international medical institutions. Our every department has the state of the art laboratory and speech therapy unit and diagnostic and therapeutic services for voice disorders and much more.
What is ENT?
Otolaryngology is the oldest medical speciality, and Otolaryngologists are physicians specialized in treating the patients having of the ear, nose, throat (ENT), and other structures of the head and neck region. They are commonly known as ENT physicians.
They have acquired proper training of diagnosing and managing the various conditions of the sinuses, larynx (voice box), oral cavity, upper pharynx (mouth and throat), the neck and face structures. ENT physicians diagnose, treat, and manage specific disorders in both children and adults.
Types of ENT Diseases
- Diseases of the EAR:
We have a specialized department for treating ear disorders. Our trained physicians perform both the medical and surgical treatments to resolve hearing loss, ear infections, balance disorders, ear noise (tinnitus), nerve pain, facial and cranial nerve disorders, etc. Our Otolaryngologists also manages the inborn disorders of the outer and inner ear.
- Diseases of the Nose:
Majority of the people develop chronic sinusitis, and it is one of the most common health issues. We are skilled enough to take care of the nasal cavity and sinuses. Our otolaryngologist manages health concerns related to the nasal area, and they include allergies and sense of smell.
- Diseases of the Throat:
Speech, singing and eating a meal all involved in the mouth which is the vital area of the human body. Our otolaryngologists are expert in managing diseases of the voice box (larynx) and the upper aero-digestive tract/esophagus such as voice and swallowing disorders.
- Illness of the Head and Neck:
It is the main center of the body that covers the vital nerves to control vision, smell, hearing, and the face. We treat the infectious diseases, cancerous and non-cancerous tumours, facial trauma, and injuries of the face. We do both cosmetic plastic and reconstructive surgery.
What are the Causes of ENT Diseases?
- Sinus infections
- Excess Mucus
- Changes in Air Pressure
Diagnosis of ENT disorders like allergy, sinus infection or strep throat is difficult. We provide the diagnostic facility for the various conditions as follows:
- Ear Infections
We use an otoscope, an instrument having a magnifying lens and light used to examine the ear and eardrum.
- Diagnosing Sinus Infection
We use an endoscope to detect the inflammation and discharge from the nose. We also use some other techniques like X-rays or a CT scan for further diagnosis.
- Diagnosing Sleep Apnea
Our physician diagnoses the condition by asking some questions. Then they look into your mouth and check the enlarged tonsils or blocked airways.
Available Treatments of ENT
- Reconstructive middle ear surgery
- Surgery of the facial nerve
- Congenital ear anomalies
- Microlaryngeal surgery
- Surgery for snoring and sleep apnoea
- Septoplasty and septorhinoplasty
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Head and neck cancer surgeries
- Revision ear surgeries
- Laser surgeries for several head and neck lesions
- Take prescribed medications till the night of the surgery.
- Get a good sleep and do not eat anything from midnight.
- Bring your medical records at the time of the operation.
- Shampoo your hair before the surgery day.
- Bring a close family member.
- Report to the hospital at least three hours before your surgery scheduled timing.
- Take a complete bed rest and do not lie on the side of the operated ear.
- Eat a semi-solid diet in moderate quantities after 12 hours.
- Take all medications as prescribed.
- Do not apply oil to your hair.
- Do not clean your ear and do not blow your nose with excessive force.
- Do not have a head bath for a full one month after the surgery.
- Do not sleep on the operated side.
- Do not travel by air for 30 days after the surgery.
If you have any doubts regarding ENT disorders, then please feel free to contact us.